Do you know what are the top websites in China? Some of you may be of the opinion that its dominated by the US websites as its the case with many of the countries outside the US.
For those of you who have little knowledge about the leading websites in China, the most popular and No. 1 Chinese website is baidu.com, the leading Chinese language search engine who is listed on the Nasdaq. It provides simple and reliable search experience, strong in Chinese language and multi-media content including MP3 music and movies, the first to offer WAP and PDA-based mobile search in China.
2. QQ.com - Founded in Shenzhen in November, 1998, Tencent, who is listed on the Hong Kong stock Exchange is recognized as the operator of the leading Internet community in China. QQ is famous for its Instant Messenger service similar to MSN IM and commanding in excess of 100 million users in China.
3. Sina.com.cn - With 230 million registered users worldwide and a record 500 million daily page views, SINA is the most recognized Internet brand name in China and among Chinese communities globally. Its listed on the Nasdaq.
4. Sohu.com Inc. (NASDAQ: SOHU) is China's premier online brand and indispensable to the daily life of millions of Chinese, providing a network of web properties and community based/web 2.0 products which offer a broad array of choices regarding information, entertainment and communication.
5. 163.com: NetEase operates a leading interactive online and wireless community in China and is a major provider of Chinese language content and services through our online games, wireless value-added services and Internet portal businesses.
6. taobao.com is the largest consumer e-commerce website in Asia with more than 30 million registered.
7. yahoo.com.cn is a leading Internet search engine and portal serving China's consumers and businesses.
8. google.cn: Enables users to search the Web, Usenet, and images. Features include PageRank, caching and translation of results, and an option to find similar pages. The company's focus is developing search technology.
10. tom.com is a leading wireless Internet company in China providing value-added multimedia products and services.