- 162 million internet users, an increase of 31.7 percent year-on-year.
- ranked no 2, behind USA who has 211 million internet users.
- mobile internet users had grown to 44.3 million users.
- Netizens spend more time searching for online music, videos and games compared with Internet-based job-seeking, education, shopping, travel ticketing and bank services.
- Most users are unmarried young people under the age of 25, with a monthly income less than 1,500 yuan (US$197).
- cn domain registration has reached 6.13 million.
- Over 37% users, increased from 32.3%, access Internet in Internet cafe.
- IM is more important in China than email for communication. More netizens use IM than email (69.8% vs. 55.4%), while over 90% Internet users use email in US. IM usage rate is even higher (74.6%) among users under age 25, while the email usage rate is only 46.6% among them.
- Online entertainment is the most important demand for Chinese youths under age 25, with 91.4% of them used online music, 79.6%% used online movies, and 67.1% played online games.
The full report in PDF file can be downloaded here (unfortunately its in Chinese).