So where on earth are the devices located?
A report issued Friday by AdMob, the world's leading supplier of mobile ads, tries to map the location of Apple's handsets country by country based on the number of users who requested at least one of its ads in November — a number that increased 150% in 2009.
Here are the findings:
- In November, 50% of unique Apple visitors were located in the United States. The next four biggest markets were the U.K., France, Canada and Germany.
- In total, 23 countries had more than 100,000 unique Apple visitors.
- 50% of unique Apple users were located outside of the US, up from 39% in January 2009.
- The iPhone accounted for 71% and the iPod touch 29% of the total unique Apple users in November. In raw numbers: 18.0 million iPhones; 7.3 million iPod touches; 25.2 million total.
- The fastest growing countries between January 2009 and November 2009 were Japan, France, Australia and China. See the bar graph below.
You can download their November report as a pdf from metrics.admob.com.
Post a Comment