Skype accounts for 12% of all international calling minutes! Some amazing numbers below from a company that has started not too long ago if you compare them to incumbent carriers who had been in business for decades:
- Skype added 39 million registered users in the fourth quarter to end the year with a total of 560 million.
- The number of Skype-to-Skype call minutes totaled 36.1 billion in the final three months of 2009.
- Skype users made more the 250 billion minutes worth of Skype-to-Skype calls from the time the service was launched through the end of 2009.
- Skype in 2009 accounted for 12 percent of the world’s international calling minutes, a 50 percent increase over 2008 when it accounted for 8 percent of international calling, according to TeleGeography Research.
- 36 percent of Skype-to-Skype calls as of the end of the fourth quarter included video — in other words.
- 35 percent of Skype users utilize it for business purposes.
Post a Comment